D-D Reef Pro 1500S Gloss Anthracite Aquarium
Constructed from crystal clear, low iron high clarity glass, the Reef Pro 1500S Gloss Anthracite aquarium features a braceless design, producing a clean and modern display with easy access for maintainance.
By designing the tank to be wider than it is tall we create a more balanced aspect ratio which greatly enhances the viewing experience, allowing easier and more natural aquascaping and coral placement.
An internal weir box can become an unattractive focal point in any aquarium, dictating aquascaping and interupting flow patterns inside the tank.
With this in mind the ‘invisible weir box’ of the PRO-Reef models has been carefully designed to minimise intrusion into the aquarium whilst exceeding the functionality found in most aquariums.
The Twin pipe overflow system allows almost silent running whilst the use of the D-D UltraFlow weir comb allows the maximum amount of waterflow without raising the water height in the aquarium.
The Reef Pro 1500S Gloss Anthracite cabinet is designed to be extra tall to perfectly balance the aspect ratio of the aquarium and is built for D-D in the U.K to ensure a consistent high quality.
The top, bottom and main structural uprights of the cabinet are made of 36mm waterproof board, making it extremely strong and rigid with excellent load bearing properties, giving the impression of a piece of furniture rather than just a simple tank cabinet.
The 1200 and 1500 models incorporate a separate storage or chiller section with an adjustable shelf.
The extra internal height inside the cabinet provides good headroom for use of taller equipment and benefits ease of maintainance. Access is further improved by incorporating removable quick release. double folding doors.
When installing any aquarium it is of the upmost importance to provide a level base, unlevelled cabinets can add stress the glass and can result in an uneven water level in the aquarium. The D-D aquarium cabinet design includes heavy duty adjustable feet allowing for full levelling of the cabinet and aquarium.
D-D Reef Pro 1500S Gloss Anthracite Aquarium
- Crystal clear, braceless aquarium with full polished edges to give an unimpeded view of your own personal reef.
- Balanced width to height ratio to enhance viewing, aquascaping and ease of coral placement.
- Unique ‘Invisible weir box’ design in black glass which almost disappears into the back of the aquarium.
- Multi-stage weir design provides a high turnover rate in the tank whilst minimising drain down levels in a power loss situation.
- Special ‘Ultra-Flow’ weir comb allows 30-50% more water through, so that larger flow rates can be used.
- Twin overflow pipes offer safe, silent operation.
- Dry Box built into weir section to hide and pass through any pump and lighting cables.
- Perfectly matched for use with the D-D Slimline lighting bracket and AquaIllumination lighting.
D-D Reef Pro 1500S Gloss Anthracite Cabinet
- Sleek, extra tall cabinet that offers the perfect viewing height for the aquarium.
- Modern, heavy duty cabinet construction with high quality finish to compliment the home environment.
- Extra height internal space for installation and maintenance of equipment.
- Cabinet supplied pre-assembled as standard.
- Removable quick release, bi-folding door to offer improved access for maintenance.
- Lacquer coated, fully adjustable, soft close hinges.
- Adjustable feet to allow correct levelling of the aquarium on uneven floors.
- Good ventilation incorporated into the chiller and sump areas.
- Separate chiller section with storage shelf included on larger models.
- System length – 150cm
- System width – 60cm
- System height – 148cm
- Cabinet tank length – 150cm
- Cabinet tank width – 60cm
- Cabinet tank height – 92cm
- Tank length – 150cm
- Tank width – 60cm
- Tank height – 56cm
- Sump – 75 litres
- System volume – 500 litres
- Tank volume – 425 litres
- Sump volume – 75 litres
** PLEASE NOTE LIGHTS ARE NOT INCLUDED **
REEF Pro Sump Features
There are as many ideas about sump design as there are hobbyists.
D-D have many decades of experience in designing, building and running large successful aquariums and have combined this knowledge to produce what we believe is the perfect simple sump layout for the space available.
The ultra quiet twin pipe weir system is further refined by the first section of the sump, resulting in a silent water return with no splashing or gurgling.
The water then overflows into a twin filter socks section which incorporates a diffused silencer plate to silence any water noise. From there the filtered water flows Into two large equipment compartments. These chambers can both hold equipment such as skimmers, media reactors, calcium reactors etc or you can use one chamber as a refugium with caulerpa/cheato.
Here again there is flexibility to alternate these sections for those who prefer to skim before or skim after the refugium. The final section is a generous sized return pump compartment which sits beside the integrated water top off reservoir located to the side of the sump