Vortech MP10w Quiet-Drive Pump
Vortech MP10w Quietdrive Pump
In an aquarium, having the right amount of flow is crucial to the health of the ecosystem. With Vortech QuietDrive choosing the correct water circulation equipment has never been easier.
Vortech pumps are designed by aquarists to be the gold standard for providing flow in marine aquariums. When it comes to broad yet gentle flow, the VorTech design is unmatched.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Vortech MP10w Quiet-Drive Pump
In an aquarium, having the right amount of flow is crucial to the health of the ecosystem. With VorTech QuietDrive choosing the correct water circulation equipment has never been easier.
VorTech pumps are designed by aquarists to be the gold standard for providing flow in marine aquariums. When it comes to broad yet gentle flow, the VorTech design is unmatched.
- Create massive water movement
- No coral damaging “hot spots”
- Natural Gyre
- Tank-wide flow patterns
- Precise control of water movement
- Sleek Styling
- High Flow
- Improved Performance
- Double Bearing Wet-side
- Simple Control
- Pre-Programmed Modes
- No Electricity in the Water
- Versatile Flow Modes
- Healthy Undertow
- Quick Cleanup
- Lagoon mode simulates a low-energy lagoon environment. The speed of the pump is changed slowly to recreate the gentle currents of a lagoon
- Reef Crest Random mode simulates a high-energy reef environment. The pump will change speed frequently and drastically to simulate crashing waves and surging tide. This is a favorite of SPS coral.
- Gyre mode creates a flow pattern consisting of uniform clockwise and *counterclockwise flow levels pulsing at a selected interval between two seconds and two hours. *Alternating directional gyre requires multiple pumps.
- Short Pulse mode creates a flow pattern consisting of uniform high and low levels pulsing at a selected interval between 0.2 seconds and 2 seconds.
- Tidal Swell mode (TSM) creates a harmonic balance reminiscent of the changing flow conditions found in nature. Over the course of several hours, the flow pattern will go from very chaotic to calm, followed by a detritus-clearing surge at the very end of the cycle. The flow direction will change direction every cycle.
- Nutrient Transport mode (NTM) creates circulation in a two-phase program. The first phase uses wave motion to stir up detritus. The second phase follows wit a surging motion to move the detritus into the overflow and out of the aquarium.
- At the touch of the button, all VorTech wirelessly enabled pumps will temporarily pause their current mode and idle allowing food to be added to the tank without being cycled into the overflow and filtration.
- Pumps can be enabled to run a gentler night time program simulating calmer ocean conditions for night time hours.
- Create a standing wave in your aquarium and demonstrate the true power of the fully operational VorTech QuietDrive control system.
- Allows for Multiple Pump Communication
- Integration with EcoSmart Live via ReefLink (ReefLink sold separately)
Specification for Vortech MP10w Quietdrive Pump
- Flow: 1,500+ gph (6,000+ lph)
- Power Consumption: 8-18 Watts
- Tank Range: 2.5-50+ gal (9.5-190 litres)
- Max Glass Thickness: 0.375 inches (9.5 mm)